This search will take the word(s) you have typed in and try to locate that string of characters in the MMIS database. If you select one of the search options (products, contacts, equipment & processes) the search of the database will be limited to those parts of the database containing information related to the option you selected. Choosing one of the search options should speed up the search.
- Use a single word to start with.
- Do not use plurals. ("sawmill" rather than "sawmills")
- Try synonyms or generic terms if you don't find what you are looking for. (Example: if you are looking for "2x4s" try "lumber")
- If trying to find a person use either last name or first, not both
- If searching using a phone number do not include parenthesis or dashes. (Try "4062434009" not "(406)243-4009")
MMIS fields that are searched (for the 'All' option):
- Company names, address, city, descriptions
- Contact first name, last name, title, address, city, phone & fax numbers, comments
- Products, units of measure
- Processes & eqiupment, capacity comments
- Certifications, licenses, etc., abbreviations, descriptions
Sometimes searching for a small word will turn up unexpected matches. For example, if you do a search for "van" then a match will be found with contacts named "Sullivan".
This search field is limited to 20 characters, anything over that will be ignored.